“Business Activities And Monetary Reward”
As a Home based Business Owner/Self employed woman/mom, When you wake up in the morning, have you ever felt like a Failure OR a non-contributor or unproductive? I sure have. I used to feel this way a lot, when I transitioned from Corporate America as an employee to an Entrepreneur. When we have a job, our work timings, duties and related activities are assigned by the employer. It is very easy to see the result of our contribution/achievement/productivity. Our driving force to get to work, is the promise of an assured Monetary Reward and that is a Paycheck.
Please take a moment to sign up for my FREE newsletter
“Eliminating your regular paycheck barrier with Lalitha Brahma”
Unfortunately, productivity and contribution is most often associated with a monetary value. Hence as an Entrepreneur, when there is no guarantee/promise of an assured Monetary Reward right away, we tend to take it personally. This can lead to emotional, mental and financial impediment in building our business. Making a Sale is the ONE activity that assures a monetary reward immediately. In my personal experience I have found following activities that indirectly lead to monetary Reward. Some of these activities may be named as marketing activity, but the key point here is that- You don’t have to paralyze taking action in your business, just because, you did not create revenue by making a SALE or selling a SERVICE. Initially, when you are not proficient in selling your product or service, doing the following simple marketing activities will help generate qualified prospects, raise your self esteem and make you a confident business owner.
“Ten Simple and Easy Activities”
1. Read articles relating to your Industry, marketing and Entrepreneurship.
2. Comment on the articles that you read. It will help stimulate thinking and applying the information to your business and also help the author in writing specifically for his target market/Readers.
3. Tweet/Re-tweet interesting, valuable and informative articles.
4. Write Your OWN article like this one, and submit to article directories.
5. Send out Ezines/newsletters to your clients and prospects.
6. Offer Free OR Paid Consultation to your prospects/clients.
7. Attend Free/paid Teleseminars/Webinars.
8. Send Testimonials to your Service Providers/Coaches/Clients.
9. Comment on face book wall.
10. Post updates in Linkedin/yahoo/Google.
Conclusion: You Choice of thought is important.
Choice-1-You can choose to think that you have not created any revenue, because your prospecting did not work or you could not make a sale. Hence you are a Failure OR a non-contributor.
Choice-2-You can choose to commit to doing several simple and easy-to-do activities, as above, honestly feel like and in the true sense be a contributor and achiever of small milestones.
Personally I have always gone with Choice-2 It has helped me ENJOY building my business and self esteem while making consistent progress in learning several business skills like copy-writing and marketing. As I did this, it became easy to sell my products/services and create revenue.
“Activities For Your Business”
1. Sit in a quiet place and list the two activities that you can start right now that will make you feel good and help in building your business.
2. Make a commitment to do these two activities consistently for the next 7 days and watch how you feel and how has your business changed.
P.S. If you like the article please leave a comment or tweet
it out (or both!). I love hearing from you and I read every
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 with other activities listed above.