Building a business is a fantastic and challenging experience. You can wake up exhilarated to begin your day and go to bed feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. The key to success is to maintain a positive, yes you can do it, mindset.
Easier said than done, right? Here are 5 keys to help you create and sustain a positive mindset so you attain the success you desire in personal and business life.
1. Surround yourself with successful and positive people. The influence people have over our own personal energy is amazing. Moods and attitudes are contagious– think about how much of a difference a simple smile from a stranger can make for your day and then magnify it 100 times to demonstrate the power of positive and successful friends, family and associates. When you have people around you who inspire you, believe in you and want you to succeed, there’s no room for doubts. Even when self doubt creeps in, they’re quickly swept away, because of the power of association.
2. Be aware of your Self- talk. Create a mantra or an affirmation. Repeating positive affirmations has been shown to get people through tough times and to actually help them truly believe what they’re saying. It has helped positively in programming the sub-conscious mind to handle any challenges with a positive mindset.
For example, “My income exceeds my expenses.” Many of the successful business professionals have used the same affirmation strategy to run a profitable business. To find the right affirmations for you, consider writing a quick list of your doubts, insecurities and complaints. These can then be quickly turned into affirmations.
For example, if you write that you’re always feeling “Not good enough” then your affirmation would be, “I am more than what I appear to be. All the worlds’ strength and power rests inside me.” Repeat your affirmations several times a day and feel the power of positive thinking.
3. We all have negative thoughts from time to time. However, negative thoughts and emotions can derail us and prevent us from achieving all we desire. Of course catching those negative thoughts takes practice and persistence. When you find yourself thinking negative thoughts or having negative emotions, find a trigger to turn them around. Train yourself to become AWARE of your thoughts. Capture negative thoughts and separate or sever them. The affirmations mentioned above are a great way to turn the negative into the positive. You can also find quick boost me ups like a favorite song, a walk outside in the fresh air, or some exercise to help improve your mood.
4. Set goals. Seed your intentions and then be willing to let it go. The law of attraction says that we attract what we focus on the most. Focus and enjoy the process of running your business, like enjoying the process of gardening. However, desperation, needing your business to be a success like wanting a tree with hundreds of fruits, sends mixed messages and a lot of negativity into the universe. Set your goals and intentions and then let them go. A certain amount of faith in you and in the process is necessary. Give it a try.
State Of Gratitude
5. Always find a way to be in the state of gratitude. Gratitude is perhaps the single most powerful and positive tool for success. When you’re grateful for all of the wonderful things and people in your life the challenges you face seem significantly less important and are more easily dealt with.
Consider keeping a gratitude journal and make a practice of entering into it daily. That way, when you’re facing challenges a quick peek at all the amazing things in your life will make you feel as if you can tackle anything. Additionally, an attitude of gratitude helps you maintain a positive perspective and to face challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles.
Success is within your reach and with the right attitude you can accomplish anything you set your sights on. Embrace these five powerful mind success strategies and you’ll build a better business and live a happier, more satisfying life.