Yesterday I set an intention to publish my blog post today. I was pretty confident of accomplishing this task because I had drafted seventy five percent of the Blog post yesterday.
Guess what happened?
My Laptop crashed. More on that later…
In the past, when such things happen, I used to get upset and ask questions like
Why me? Why should this happen NOW?
When I think of the reason why I don’y feel that way now a days, one thing comes to my mind..
I started doing affirmations after reading the book “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. Initially I used to feel silly saying affirmations aloud in front of the mirror. But I decided to say the affirmations anyway and test it out for myself…
I did not attract huge amount of money OR clients instantaneously. But it did work for me, in the sense that
1. I feel that my mind is programmed with something positive,
2. I use this positive programming to ask myself an empowering question to seek the solution and not fret about the problem, and
3. To stay centered while I am solving the problem.
Coming back to Laptop crash.. How did I handle the situation?
1. I felt positive that this crash is happening for a reason and may be I am going to get a new computer OR put my old desktop (that I never used for a long time) to use. Honestly, the thought of using an old SLOW desktop was not an empowering one.
2. I asked myself an empowering question ” My Ezine has to go out today. What can I do in the next 30 minutes using my available resources to complete my blog post?” When I did that, my mind focused on 30 minutes time limit and just loving and embracing my old and slow desktop to write this post RIGHT NOW.
3. I am totally centered because both my heart ad head are determined towards completing this post.
I thank you for reading this post..
I have been saying several affirmations that have brought me to this level of staying centered and calm. One such affirmation that I say in front of the mirror is from the book “Meditations To Heal Your Life” By Louise L Hay.
You can listen herebelow
Now I it is your turn..
Do you say affirmations? How does it help you in your life/business?